Membership in the MMS is open to everyone!
MMS Membership benefits include:
- Organized collecting trips during the mushroom fruiting season
- Quarterly newsletter and email list announcements updating members on club events and topical news
- Lectures by invited mycologists and experts
- Identification workshops
- Annual photo contest
- Pot luck dinner, awards banquet, picnic foray, cooking demo, holiday celebration, and more!
Annual dues are $15 for students, $20 for individuals, and $25 for families (single households). This includes our quarterly newsletter sent via email.
Memberships are on a calendar year basis, and renewals are due in January of each year. For those joining on or after the first day of the Minnesota State Fair, new memberships are good through the following year. Ready to join the MMS? Please read our application FAQ below before clicking on Join today to fill out your application and pay online.
New member application FAQ
- You must be an adult (age 18 or over) to fill out this application. If you are not an adult, you need to have a parent or legal guardian fill out this form and list you as their minor child.
- All adults who participate in MMS activities must read and sign our liability waiver. This requires valid and separate email addresses for each adult member to read and agree to our waiver independently.
- When you apply, be ready to pay for your membership using a PayPal account or major credit cards. You’ll be redirected to the payment site once you submit the form.
- If you have been a member in the past, but your membership has lapsed, you can join again as a new member.
Attention current members! Please DO NOT use Join today to renew. If you believe you need to renew, enter the primary account holder’s email below and click the Submit button. A link to the renewal form will be sent to that address. If you don’t need to renew, there will be a message displayed to that effect when you go to the renewal form. Your current membership expiration date will also be shown.
If you have questions about renewals, please contact our membership coordinator, John Lamprecht.
North American Mycological Association Discount
The MMS is affiliated with the North American Mycological Association (NAMA). NAMA holds national and regional forays and other events throughout the USA. MMS members joining NAMA pay a discounted NAMA membership fee. To learn more about NAMA and join, go to www.namyco.org.