Membership in the MMS is open to everyone!
MMS Membership benefits include:
- Organized collecting trips during the mushroom fruiting season
- Quarterly newsletter updating members on club events and topical news
- Lectures by invited mycologists and experts
- Identification workshops
- Annual photo contest
- Pot luck dinner, awards banquet, picnic foray, cooking demo, holiday celebration, and more!
Annual dues are $15 for students, $20 for individuals, and $25 for family households. This includes our quarterly newsletter sent via email. Add on $20 if you want to also receive a printed version (black and white only) of each newsletter through the mail. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and renewals are due in January of each year. For those joining on or after the first day of the Minnesota State Fair, new memberships are good through the following year.
To sign up, fill out and submit the MMS Membership Application form and liability waiver. The easiest and quickest way to do this is with our new online application! Please read our application FAQ below before you click on Join today to go to the form.
- You must be an adult (age 18 or over) to fill out this application. If you are not an adult, you need to have a parent or legal guardian fill out this form and list you as their child.
- All adults who participate in MMS activities must read and sign the waiver that is included with the membership form. Valid and separate email addresses are required for each adult member to allow the opportunity to read and agree to our waiver and release independently.
- Family memberships are available for members who all reside at the same address.
- When you apply, be ready to pay for your membership using a PayPal account or major credit cards. You’ll be redirected to the payment site once you submit the form.
Attention current members! Renewals are currently closed. If you were a member in 2020, you don’t need to do anything to continue your membership. The MMS board decided to extend your membership at no charge through 2021. If you have been a member in the past prior to 2020, you can join again as a new member. If you have any questions about renewals, please contact our membership coordinator, John Lamprecht.
NAMA Association Discount
The MMS is affiliated with the North American Mycological Society (NAMA). The North American Mycological Association holds national and regional forays and other events throughout the USA. MMS members joining NAMA pay a discounted NAMA membership fee. To learn more about NAMA and join, go to www.namyco.org.