All regular MMS meetings are open to the public. Please feel free to attend, see what we are about and get to know us.
When: The MMS meets on the second Monday of each month. There is a second monthly meeting during the months of April, May (except when it falls on Memorial Day), September and October. The second meeting is on the fourth Monday of the month. All regular meetings are held from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Where: At this time, all MMS meetings are virtual events using Zoom. When it becomes possible to safely return to in-person meetings, we will return to our normal venue. Meetings will be held in Borlaug Hall, room 335 on the U of MN St. Paul campus. Borlaug Hall is located at 1991 Upper Buford Circle.
Parking: The center of Buford Circle is a pay lot. Contract lots surround the pay lot, and include a small area at the base of the water tower. These are contract lots up until 7:00 p.m, and after parking is free. They are monitored, especially when school is in session.
Meetings are a critical part of MMS’s educational purpose. In addition to regular club announcements and upcoming local events, meetings have featured speakers and identification sessions. Regular topics include presentations from:
- Academic research and findings by our graduate scholarship winners and the Bell Museum‘s scientific advisor
- Scientific organizations such as NAMA and representatives aligned with the MycoFlora project
- Annual “Basics of Morel Hunting“
- Special visits from artists, photographers, culinary experts, and book authors
- Presentation and Q&A with owners of mushroom businesses and cultivationists
- Specific and general identification techniques by committee members
- Annual photo contest viewing and voting