Nominations open for 2022 MMS Board members
Contribute your ideas and energy to help make the MMS even better in 2022! The MMS is now accepting nominations from members who are interested in serving a one-year term, starting in January, as an officer on the MMS board. The MMS is a 100% volunteer organization, including its leadership.
The Recording Secretary position is now vacant, and our president has expressed that he will not run again this time for another term. Every officer position is open for election each year, even if the current officeholder desires to continue in that role. Anyone interested (including any incumbent officers) in being on the ballot should contact either Nan Etzwiler or John Lamprecht. The deadline for accepting nominations for a board position is 5 pm on November 1, 2021. Your name will be included on the ballot to be sent out to members in November. Be sure to include a little information about your interest and your past activities with the MMS, which we may include on the ballot. If you have any questions about any position, feel free to contact Nan or John, MMS past president.
All positions listed below are full voting positions on the Board:
- President: The President shall supervise the general affairs of the Society and shall preside at all meetings. The President may call special meetings, establish committee and appoint committee chairs.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President’s office in the absence of the President.
- Corresponding Secretary: The Corresponding Secretary conducts all the MMS’ correspondence and maintain files on all correspondence for the Society’s records.
- Recording Secretary: The Recording Secretary takes minutes at all meetings and maintain the files of the minutes.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall handle the Society’s funds, maintain financial records and make reports to the membership at the annual business meeting.
- Members at Large (2): Members at Large participate in all board meetings and assist in ways mutually agreed upon with the President.
The Board is an engaged group of elected officers and the chairs of MMS committees (picked by the President from those who are interested). We have fun working together to deliver content and programming for the club of over 1000 members from around the region. The Board meets these days by Zoom, about every 1-2 months. Members support each other in finalizing programs, identifying volunteer opportunities in the community, planning forays, deciding the best use of our budget, and supporting the scientific work of U of M graduate students, The Bell Museum and other mushroom clubs around the country.