2022 Marek Turowski Memorial Scholarship
In 2018, the Minnesota Mycological Society (MMS) created a scholarship in Marek’s honor. We want to encourage and inspire members of the MMS to enjoy mushrooms AND the national community of educators and enthusiasts by giving them a chance to participate in the national foray.Each year, this scholarship will enable one member of MMS who has not won this award previously to attend the NAMA annual national foray in Marek’s honor. The scholarship recipient will receive:
- One year membership to the North American Mycological Association (NAMA)
- Priority registration for the NAMA National Foray at Trout Lodge, YMCA of the Ozarks in Potosi, Missouri – September 29 to October 2, 2022.
- Registration fee * (including all lectures and field trips, plus room and board)
* Does not include travel to the foray location from recipients home.
To apply for the scholarship, please:
- Write a short essay. Tell us why you enjoy learning about mushrooms and how the national foray would be an important part of that.
- Please include your name, phone number, mailing address and email address on your submission.
Scholarship applications must be received by March 1, 2022 and can be mailed to:
MMS Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 211444 Eagan, MN 55121
-or- email your scholarship submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Kathy Yerich if you have questions.